Surfing made easy on New Plymouth’s famous, sandy Fitzroy Beach. We are dedicated to making learn to surf, safe and fun for you. No need to worry, we learn in waist to chest deep waves.
Our beginner surf lessons begin with approximately 20 minute warm-ups and pop-ups on the sand. Watch the waves and learn about ocean safety. You’ll learn how to position yourself on the board and then we all get wet! We also provide private lessons where the focus is on you, progress at the pace you desire.
We are proud to be partnered with the crew at NZ Surfing Adventures
Once you have mastered our learn to surf school, lets explore Surf Highway 45!
• Choosing the best beginner surfboard
• How to paddle a surfboard
• How to choose and catch the better waves
• Recognising the changes and dangers in the surf
• What and where are the rips (riptides/currents)
• How to enter and exit the surf zone
• Standing on the surfboard
• Ride the wave to the beach
• Surf etiquette and safety
PHYSICAL RATING: 3 out of 5
Included in every tour:
- Pick up and drop off to your New Plymouth hotel
- Local Taranaki Tour Guide
What to bring:
- Your camera to capture the fun
- Comfortable footwear
- A sense of adventure
Bookings are essential:
Please complete the enquiry form to book your tour today. We specialise in small group tours & activities and organise them to suit you. If you have any special requirements let us know so we can accommodate to your needs.